Friday 12 November 2010

Boots sees improved profits thanks to sales of anti-ageing creams.

The company said half-year figures for its health and beauty division has seen profits rise by 2% thanks to the Protect and Perfect creams.

Despite revenue for the company as a whole rising by 6% to £8.9bn, Boots has announced its plans to cut 900 non-store UK jobs in order to cut costs.

With plans to save £56m per year by 2013-14, Boots has announced the majority of cuts will take place in Nottingham, the headquarters of Alliance Boots in the United Kingdom.

Chief executive, Alex Gourlay said the move would allow the company to “have a stronger and more agile support infrastructure fit for the long-term future.”


  1. I think that it could be a good idea to take a look at this weblink for some tips an hints on how to write personal statement to get you accepted. Good luck

  2. Diabetes mellitus is a situation where the level of glucose in body raises high than that of the normal one. Health education for diabetes mellitus

  3. Stubsondemand manages your company finance and record digitally. With Stubsondemand calculator, you calculate pay-related or finance-related work for you. Clarity of taxable income increases with the use of Stubsondemand’s Paystub Generator.

  4. Thanks to the author for writing the post, it was quite necessary for me and liked it. I wrote a note on the state of writing reviews about this. I will be happy if you read it and accept it. Thank you for your concern.

  5. if any allergic skin so this cream will suite him or not, i read about it in my task which one is made by the Balance sheet assignment help service they write that if somebody has an allergic skin they have to abandon high chemical creams on his skin.

  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

  7. Thank you very much for the information provided! I was looking for this data for a long time,
    but I was not able to find the trusted source.
    leather jacket
    wedding photography packages

  8. Due to weak demand in Europe, sales of industrial chemicals, which make up less than 2% of the group's operating profit, fell by 11.9% to £24.4 million. Because of this, operational earnings decreased by 45.8% to £1.3 million. As long as the industrial chemicals division continues to generate profits, Croda has no intention of selling it. The company said that as a result of rising raw material costs, it has started to raise prices across a range of product categories. While 70% of Croda's goods start with natural raw materials, the remaining 30% use petroleum-based ingredients, whose costs have increased. We have beginner's guide to playing V Rising here.


  9. Estate Planning Lawyer
    Boots has seen improved profits due to sales of its anti-ageing creams, with many satisfied customers praising the quality of their products. These reviews highlight the positive impact of Boots' anti-ageing creams on the company's profits, highlighting the company's dedication to research and innovation in skincare. Customers have reported noticeable improvements in their skin since using Boots' creams, highlighting the company's commitment to effective solutions. Boots' success is well-deserved, as their products are a staple in their daily skincare routine. Customers have praised Boots for their quality and commitment to research, stating that their products have become a lifeline for their skin. They trust Boots to provide effective solutions and never disappoint, highlighting the positive change in their skin. These reviews are fictional and for illustrative purposes only, not reflecting real reviews. They aim to capture the sentiment of consumers who might be happy with Boots' anti-ageing products and their impact on the company's profits. Actual customer experiences and reviews may vary. Overall, Boots' success is a testament to the value of investing in skincare and the potential of their anti-ageing range to change the beauty industry.